A photographer/collector who likes analog cameras and the images film produces, while also enjoying

A photographer/collector who likes analog cameras and the images film produces, while also enjoying
A photographer/collector who likes analog cameras and the images film produces, while also enjoying the latest digital.

Saturday, September 7, 2013

First True Post on my Blog



What you will see posted here in the future will be musings on my attraction to things of the past.  I have dipped my toe into the realm of blogging almost by accident.  In the interest of devouring information about subjects I love, I have lurked around several blogs. One evening I set about understanding the technical workings of blogs, and the best way to learn a subject is in doing it.  So I set up a blog only with the intention of understanding the blogging technology.  Before I know it I had a creation that was online and accessible.  An empty creation.  So I figured I better fill it up.

You will not see many typecast (See definition below) posts from me.  My interests in items from bygone eras are in both their functionality and beauty.  I do type on typewriters.  I do capture images with film cameras.  I do not pretend to live in those eras and whenever possible only use those items.

I have long been interested in and collected things from the past.  Cameras, coins, firearms, books, historical documents, and more recently typewriters.  I think this interest was brought about thorough an interest in history.  Looking at and touching beautiful and useful items actually used by someone in the past allows me to have a connection with that time period.

I tend to also provide definitions at the bottom of my posts whenever I use terms that might not be understood by the casual reader.  I have always found it frustrating that when one jumps into a new interest, lingo from that interest is thrown around as if everyone should already know the meanings in that current context.

More to come………………….

Definitions—
Typecast: Creating an actual typewriter produced document, which is then scanned and inserted as a post, in the place of typing the words directly using the computer keyboard.
Typosphere: Online blogs whose subject matter is typewriters.
Photosphere: I just made that up in this context.  Dictionary meaning is: the luminous envelope of a star from which its light and heat radiate

3 comments :

  1. Bruce, welcome to the Typosphere! It's a pretty nice place to hang out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I amsure I will enjoy it.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete