A photographer/collector who likes analog cameras and the images film produces, while also enjoying

A photographer/collector who likes analog cameras and the images film produces, while also enjoying
A photographer/collector who likes analog cameras and the images film produces, while also enjoying the latest digital.

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Well, the US Post Office has struck again.  I purchased a Smith Corona Silent Super from a person in Colorado.  After 11 days it has not arrived.  USPS tracking system now says the item is "Dead Mail / Sent to Mail Recovery Center".  USPS online info says that the Mail Recovery Center is in Atlanta.

I almost did not buy the item because the shipping method listed only US Postal Service.  Guess I should have listened to my instincts.  Now a perfectly good typewriter is lost in the great unknown of the postal system.  The seller is more then cooperative but I am concerned about the typewriter.

I think I will now insist that any item I buy make use UPS or FedEx before I make the purchase.

More to come...................

2 comments :

  1. Urg! That sucks. How can a service in the first world be so consistently crap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you are correct. However all you have to do is go into a Post Office to see the lack of customer service. It seems to be "their way or the Highway"........

    ReplyDelete